Thursday, June 24, 2010

School House Tunic

Luscious Green Yummy Anna Maria Horner Voile came into the shop and I bought some! Amazingly enough it didn't just sit on my fabric shelf... I actually made something with it! With the School House Tunic craze kicking in everywhere I decided to join in. So that yummy luscious green voile became this:



The original pleating in the tunic wasn't too flattering on me, so rather than take the whole thing back apart to omit them, I decided to sew them all the way down. I really love the little bit of detail it adds, not to mention the fact that I don't look like a balloon!



Not too crazy about this last open mouth photo, but it shows how the sewn down pleating looks. The scary laugh is thanks to Corinnea and Kelly who put me through this crazy photo shoot. Lots of fun though!

6 comments:

Corinnea said...

You're gorgeous all the time and stunning when you laugh. Stop rolling your eyes, it's true.

Love love love your top. Very nicely done. The sewn down pleats add a fun and unexpected detail.

kms handmade said...

Yay! I love the pictures and I'm glad you included that one! Hehe! It was really fun to take pictures with you two, and I'm sorry I kept trying to pet the fabric.....

Love it!

Dee said...

very cute, very flattering and I love the smile!

great job!

lizy said...

Katlyn, love it!!! I am sooo jealous!!! This fabric is fabulous, I can't believe I didn't get any!!! :( you are looking so cute in this photo shoot...You must do tons more. I agree with Corinnea lovely detail with the sewn down pleats. You go girl!!!

Jennifer said...

This is so beautiful and inspiring!! I HAVE to make this! I want cap sleeves though. I think that's why I've put this project off. The sleeves ON ME are not a favorite. and we all know how much I hate being hot!

i love love love the photos of you! They came out good of all three of you (not all 3 photos of you ,although they are good, I mean you 3: kelly, Corinnea and You!). It looks like you had fun! it's so hard posing.

Kara Forristall said...

oh, I LOVE it! I can't decide what I want to make with my fabric... like you, I don't think the schoolhouse tunic was make for my body type... but I LOVE how your alterations look! that last pic is so cute!