Tuesday, May 12, 2009

It is looking up!

So first of all I must say that the hail started AFTER I got home today. Only by 5 seconds, but it didn't hit me. So how great is that after a wonderful, wonderful weekend in Munich?! I'm a little tired from all the walking we did, but it's a good tired. Jenny had mapped out all the craft shops we needed to visit. So we walked, and walked, and walked until we saw almost everything on the list, plus all the gorgeous historical buildings as well.
Here are a couple pictures I took at Marienplatz.



Don't you just the frog in the wirework?



And at the quilt shop we visited I HAD to pick up a fat quarter pack of this lovely line...



And as promised here is my most recent quilt. It's the zig zag quilt that I started a couple of weeks ago. Not only is it beautiful (like everything I make...) but it's the fastest that i've finished a quilt, EVER!!! So I have to show more pictures than usual. Also to show off the lovely antique sewing machine that sits in the living room....





15 comments:

Corinnea said...

I really like the fat quarter pack! Glad you two had a great trip! We got home just in time tonight too, wicked hail!

The quilt is great, just like everything you do.

pearlswirl said...

I love that quilt. And OMG, i LOVE how you displayed it next to the antique sewing machine. What a find, what a find...

Mary said...

I'm glad you had fun in Munich! I can't wait to see the quilt, I love the white on it. For a sec I thought you were sewing on that old singer and was really confused. I am a dumb blond!

KD Designs said...

How exciting! That quilt is GORGEOUS!!!

Jennifer said...

holly cooowww!! That quilt is gooooooorgeous! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the quilting. Good job Katelyn! You are so inspiring, really. Glad you had a good time in Munich. I can't beleive you found fabric stores! I'm jealous!

Adrienne said...

Katelyn, the quilt is gorgeous!! You are so talented. :) Glad that you had a good time in Munich, and that things are better for you now.

pearlswirl said...

THE BANNER. IT'S DIVINE!!!!! I love it, it's so perfect!!!

Kara Forristall said...

wow, I really really love the zigzag quilt, you are amazing! the colors are perfect, I would totally buy one of these, since I don't have the patience to make it. Great job!

lizy said...

Ohhh the quilt came out beautiful! Love the design and the colors are so bright and gorgeous. Glad you and Jenny had a blast in Munich and found amazing frabrics. Where did you get that old sewing machine is awesome?

Jessica said...

oh I am just starting to peek around you blog! I love this quilt! I am thinking my mum will have to make me a zig zag quilt I really dig them!

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

very nice use of color!

Janellybelly said...

Hi Katelyn
I just saw this quilt on Flickr & had to come & check out your blog. I'm making a Zig Zag quilt next week & yours has inspired me - it's just gorgeous!
Blessings
Janelle :)

Dresden Quilter said...

Your quilt is so beautiful, and I love the fat quarters you got.

karen said...

Beautiful quilt!!! Love the rainbow colours and the quilting you did.

Dolly said...

That's a beautiful, rainbow-y zigzag quilt ! The squiggly quilting is great !

And I just love how you worked your blog's name into the photo of the sewing machine. I am a huge fan of the old Singers and do most of my quilt-making on one like that.